Food Insecurity Program
Nearly 25% of college students experience some degree of food insecurity at some point during their collegiate career. Access to funding is available through the Office of Student Life for students who are experiencing food insecurity - the lack of reliable access to sufficient quantities of affordable, nutritious food. If you or someone you know is experiencing food insecurity, please keep reading so we can provide assistance. This program is grounded in trust, thus all requesting or referred students will receive donated funds.
Through this program, students have the opportunity to gain Flex Dining Points, gift cards to local stores, and/or access to the Bronco Food Pantry. Flex Dining Plus Points are added to a student’s account so the student can purchase meals in any of the campus dining locations or local food service businesses that accept ACCESS Card transactions. Due to the generosity of members of the Santa Clara University community, the Office of Student Life also has an inventory of gift cards to stores such as Safeway and Target, to give to students in need. The SCU Bronco Food Pantry opened Winter Quarter 2019 and currently houses non-perishable food items and basic toiletries.
Please read below to learn more about eligibility and how to gain access to these resources. Any questions regarding the Food Insecurity program and Bronco Pantry can be directed to Allie Cionco at email@example.com.
- Be a registered Santa Clara University graduate or undergraduate student,
- Complete the online registration form on the Office of Student Life website, and
- Meet with an Office of Student Life representative to provide access to funding and discuss potential resources and support services.
Requests are confidential and will be honored without questioning the legitimacy of the need.
When to Register or Refer a Student:
Consider registering for this program or referring a student if food insecurity is present or there is a financial need. Food insecurity is the lack of reliable access to sufficient quantities of affordable, nutritious food.
How to Register:
Complete the following intake form and a member of the Office of Student Life will contact you or the student you are referring within 1 workday to meet with the student. The purpose of the meeting is to apply the funds to the student’s ACCESS Card, provide gift card(s), and/or provide access to the Bronco Pantry. If long term need is necessary, the Office of Student Life will work with the student to find additional resources and support services.
This program is supported 100% through donations with no expectation of re-payment.
How to Donate:
The Office of Student Life is happy to accept donations (see guidelines below) brought to our office in Benson Memorial Center, Office 205 between 8:00 AM - 5:00PM, Monday - Friday. Unfortunately, we cannot accept homemade items.
- Gift cards (Target, Safeway, Trader Joe’s) preferrably in amounts of $25 and $50. E-gift cards can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Toiletries (most needed items include paper towels and men's deodorant)
- Non-perishable items such as soup, pasta and sauce, peanut butter and jelly, easy to-go items, can openers, etc.
- Snack items including nuts, jerky, granola bars, trail mix, etc.
- Amazon Wishlist orders
Thank you for your kindness and generosity!