WEB BASED SELF-EDUCATION ABOUT THE BASICS OF EACH HEATH CARE CAREER IS ESSENTIAL TO NOT ONLY FIND THE BEST CAREER FIT, BUT TO ALSO ENSURE THE UNIVERSITY PRE-HEALTH ADVISOR DOES NOT USE VALUABLE MEETING TIME CONVEYING BASIC INFORMATION READILY AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE!
1) American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) From here you have ready access to the a) American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS), b) Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), and c) Medical College Admission requirements (MSAR).
2) American Medical Association (AMA)
3) Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) All Texas medical schools utilize this central application service
4) American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
1) Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) This provides ready access to the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) website.
2) American Dental Association (ADA)
Although Santa Clara University does not offer a BSN degree, as some of our sister schools like USF and LMU, some SCU matriculants finish with a degree in something else but pursue a career as an RN via an "accelerated BSN program". One can Google these to get more information but the links below may prove helpful is providing additional information.
1) Nursing Career Information: http://www.registerednursing.org/nursing-careers/
2) Nursing Salary Information: http://www.registerednursing.org/rn-salary/
3) Nursing Resume and Job Application Advice: http://www.registerednursing.org/guide/resume/
4) Interview Tips and Advice for Nurses: http://www.registerednursing.org/guide/interview/
5) RN Carrer Information: https://www.rncareers.org/
6) Midwifery education and Career resource: https://onlinenursingms.com/nurse-midwifery/
7) Incredible Health's Nursing Career Resources: https://www.incrediblehealth.com/career-resources/
1) Health Admin Career resource: https://discoverhealthadmin.org/careers/
2) Scholarships and Online Resources for Healthcare Administration Students: https://www.edumed.org/online-schools/healthcare-administration-degrees/scholarships-and-resources/
3) Guide to Online Healthcare Administration Degrees: https://www.edumed.org/online-schools/healthcare-administration-degrees/
There are numerous other health careers beyond this list including acupuncture, audiology, child life specialist, environmental health specialist, forensic scientist, genetic counseling, health policy specialist, medical illustrator, health administration, nutrition, occupational therapy, prosthetist, and many others involving the delivery of specialized modern technological care.