Health and Safety
Together as Broncos, we each play a vital role in keeping our community safe and healthy. Prevention behavior, reporting and testing, and a community of care are all crucial to this larger effort.
Student Behavior and Expectations
The following safety protocols are meant to protect our students, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. Please note that SCU reserves the right to maintain more restrictive provisions than Santa Clara County.
- Wear a face covering indoors if you are not fully vaccinated. Face coverings are optional indoors for those who are vaccinated. Individuals should consider their own circumstances and continue to wear face coverings indoors if they choose. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless there is an event, tour, or visiting group with special guidelines.
- Do not come to campus if you are sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently throughout the day and practice good cough and sneeze hygiene.
- Get a required COVID-19 test weekly if you are onsite and are not fully vaccinated.
- Report positive COVID-19 tests to 408-554-5100, if the test was administered at an off-campus facility.
Testing for COVID-19 will take place at Cowell Health Center, outside on the lawn facing Casa Italiana and the parking lot, Mon & Tues. 9am-12pm. Testing is available on campus at no cost.
Students coming to campus for any purpose are expected to participate in our weekly testing program if they are not fully vaccinated.
Any student who experiences symptoms of COVID-19 may call or go to Cowell Health Center, where a health practitioner will conduct a test.
The University will reach out to SCU community members identified as close contacts of a student (symptomatic or not) who has tested positive for COVID-19 to encourage them to quarantine and seek testing.