Housing & Dining
We're providing many opportunities to build connections and engage with other students through the Office of Residence Life and the Office of Off Campus Living. An assortment of dining options are available to students via mobile order.
To promote a safer residential environment and in accordance with guidance from state and local health officials, we will reduce undergraduate winter 2021 housing occupancy to 49 percent of normal capacity and implement single-occupancy housing accommodations in residence halls and University Villas.
All students living on campus are expected to comply with personal safety measures and commit to the Bronco Pact. Students will be expected to:
- Track symptoms daily using an online symptom tracker;
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between themselves and others at all times;
- Wear a face covering any time they are outside of their living units, including in hallways and common areas;
- Wear a face covering at all times while using communal restrooms, unless showering;
- Conduct personal hygiene, including tooth brushing, frequent hand washing, and face washing, at individual room sinks;
- Abide by reduced-density occupancy limits in communal spaces, including lounges, study rooms, and kitchens; and
- Abide by posted occupancy limits in elevators.
In addition, social distancing will impact community life in the following ways:
- Student access will be limited to their assigned residence hall. Students will not be permitted to enter other residence halls.
- Students are prohibited from hosting guests—including other SCU students, family, or off-campus friends—in their living units or residence halls.
- Community life, including programs and events, will be conducted virtually and in person in small groups in accordance with county guidelines.
- Most meetings with Residence Life professional and student staff, and other staff will be conducted virtually.
For more information, please read our Housing Contract Addendum.
Staff will continue to be available to support, provide opportunities to connect, and help students adjust to this new environment—particularly for our newest Broncos. At the same time, it is important for students and families to understand the experience may look quite different from what they are used to or were envisioning. Much of residents’ community life, including programs and events, will be conducted virtually or, if in person, in small groups in accordance with county guidelines.
There will be a small student staff available to assist residents, but the structure may be different. For example, your community facilitator (CF) will be available for assistance, but may live on a different floor. Even with the limited staff, we will continue to have staff on-call after hours for emergencies.
The Office of Residence Life looks forward to ensuring that students feel connected to one another, staff, faculty, and the campus in general. We have launched Zoomunity, a program that allows for small and large group virtual interaction using Zoom and Slack. In addition, our upper-class students will have the opportunity to lead and mentor incoming students as Zoomunity Leaders. We look forward to providing additional support and encouragement during winter 2021.
Dining services will remain centralized in the Benson Memorial Center with all orders being managed via a mobile-ordering app. Food will be available from our dining vendor Bon Appétit in to-go compostable containers. Based on current county guidance, indoor dining will not be available in Benson Memorial Center during the winter term.
Off Campus Living
The Office of Off Campus Living (OCL) remains committed to serving individual students with all of their off campus housing needs. We continue to offer 1:1 appointments via Zoom or telephone, housing resources, and assistance in connecting students with the local community. We will also support off-campus students through virtual programming. Additionally, student staff (Neighborhood Ambassadors) are available during weekly virtual office hours. Students can email email@example.com for any assistance. Please subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Instagram (scuoffcampus) to stay connected and updated about off campus living.