Update from the Provost Search Committee
Dear Faculty and Staff,
We hope you all are finding some time to relax during the summer months.
We write to introduce you to our search process for Santa Clara’s next Provost. Fr. Engh announced the Provost Search Committee members on June 27, and since that time, we are happy to welcome an additional member, Silvia Figueira, Associate Professor in Computer Engineering. We held our first committee meeting on July 12 and began planning for the search. We are pleased to serve as co-chairs of this robust committee. For information about the committee, the search process and updates on the search, please see the Provost Search website here (www.scu.edu/president/provost-search).
The executive search firm WittKieffer will be assisting the committee in the search process. To ensure broad input in preparation of the Leadership Profile, WittKieffer representatives have already met with various stakeholder groups. In addition, they have prepared an online survey to gather broad feedback:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2KXJQ92
We invite you to complete the survey, which will be available through July 31. In addition, we will host open forums for faculty, staff, and students in the early Fall. Details about the open forums will be forthcoming in future updates from the committee.
Our timeline is an aggressive one in which we seek to generate a strong candidate pool and secure the best Provost to begin work in the 2020-2021 academic year. We want to engage members of the University community broadly in this process and seek your feedback and suggestions. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please email the committee at email@example.com. If you wish to nominate a candidate or introduce us to other parties who might identify potential candidates, please send your confidential nominations directly to WittKieffer at: SantaClaraProvost@wittkieffer.com.
Thank you in advance for your support and engagement in the search process, and best wishes for a restful summer.
Kate Morris, Co-Chair
George Chacko, Co-Chair
Provost Search Committee:
- George Chacko (Committee Co-Chair), Associate Dean, Leavey School of Business; Associate Professor, Finance
- Kate Morris (Committee Co-Chair), Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences; Professor, Art & Art History
- Silvia Figueira, Associate Professor, Computer Engineering
- Andy Garavel, S.J., Associate Professor and Associate Chair, English
- Rebecca Guerra, Member, SCU Board of Trustees
- Katie Heintz, Director, Core Curriculum; Senior Lecturer, Communication
- Chase Larscheid, Class of 2020
- Liz Quevedo, Assistant Director, Human Resources
- Brett Solomon, Associate Professor, Child Studies
- Eric Tillman, Fletcher Jones Professor and Department Chair, Chemistry and Biochemistry; Vice Dean for STEM Policy and Planning
- David Yosifon, Professor, Law