Presidential Search Update - Open Forums
Dear Members of the Santa Clara University Community,
The Presidential Search is well underway, as the committee is meeting regularly and working closely with the WittKieffer team. In the coming weeks, the WK team will be hosting a series of listening sessions to gather feedback from the community to inform the Presidential Leadership Profile. We kicked off the listening sessions tour on September 13 with faculty, staff and student leaders, all of whom were recommended by the Faculty Senate, Staff Senate and ASG respectively. I want to thank Laura Nichols, Joanna Thompson and Abby Alvarez for their thoughtful consideration in providing suggestions.
Open sessions will soon follow, where all faculty, staff and students are invited to attend. The open forum schedule is below and Zoom information will be forthcoming:
- Faculty Open Forum: September 28, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Staff Open Forum: September 30, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Students Open Forum: October 7, 7:30 p.m.
Please save the date to attend the sessions, which we hope will be robust and candid conversations about what you would like to see in our next president. The discussion will be facilitated by the WK team and focused broadly on these topics:
- The key opportunities and most pressing challenges facing Santa Clara
- The top priorities for our new President
- The qualifications and qualities you hope to see in the new President
Additionally, we invite your feedback on the confidential online Presidential Search Feedback Survey, which will be open through October 8. We welcome your insights and ideas and hope you will be able to participate in the listening sessions, the survey or both.
As a reminder, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have confidential nominations you would like to put forward, please send them directly to WittKieffer at SantaClaraPresident@wittkieffer.com.
I look forward to learning more from you about your hopes and dreams for Santa Clara and our next president in the coming weeks.
Matthew Carnes, S.J., M.Div. '03
Chair, Presidential Search Committee
Vice-Chair, SCU Board of Trustees
SCU Presidential Search Committee Members
- Matthew Carnes, S.J., M.Div. '03 *, Vice-Chair, Board of Trustees
- Aldo Billingslea, Father William J. Rewak S. J., Professor of Theatre Arts
- Laura Doyle, Lecturer in Civil, Environmental and Sustainable Engineering; Assessment Liaison, Office of Assessment
- Rebecca Guerra '73, MBA '78, Trustee
- Tim Haley '81, Trustee
- Molly Joseph '96, Trustee
- Erin Kimura-Walsh '98, Director, LEAD Scholars Program
- Sergio Lopez '91, Manager of Direct Appeal, University Relations
- Jeff Miller '73, MBA '76, Trustee
- Bob Smith, Trustee
- Larry Sonsini, Hon. '04, Chair, Board of Trustees
- Paul Soukup, S.J., M.Div, '78, S.T.M. '79, Pedro Arrupe, S.J., Professor, Communication Department
- Agnieszka Winkler, MBA '81, Trustee
*Indicates Search Committee Chair