In addition to using your e-campus account to declare a Pathway, all students will use e-Campus to submit their Pathway materials (essay and supporting assignments) for evaluation.
In short, the steps for completing the Pathway requirement at SCU are very simple:
- Use e-Campus to declare or change a Pathway
- Review the Pathway reflection essay prompt, Tips for Students, and the rubric that will be used to evaluate your essay.
Review your coursework from your Pathway courses, identifying at least two assignments you’ll use as supporting materials.
- Visit the HUB Writing Center for help revising your essay; aim to have the essay represent your achievements as a Santa Clara graduate.
- Use e-Campus to submit your Pathway reflection essay and supporting materials.
- After submission, you’ll receive email notification of whether you have passed the Pathway requirement or must resubmit your essay. (You would use e-Campus for resubmission as well.)
Where can I get support for writing my Pathway Reflection Essay?
The Hub has writing partners who will review drafts of Pathway essays or talk with you as you're getting started.
What happens if I was enrolled in a Camino Pathway group?
Some students were enrolled in Camino Pathway groups during 2011-12. You can continue to use your Camino Pathway group as a place to save your coursework. However, you will now submit your work through the e-Campus Pathwy Submission system. You may disregard any previous instructions about submitting through Camino.
You can reach University advisors in the Drahmann Advising Center at 408-554-4318 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
We also recommend you talk with your academic advisor about your selection of a Pathway and other questions you may have.
You must submit your essay by your petition to graduate:
December 2018 Graduates: Due October 5, 2018
March 2019 Graduates: Due January 25, 2019
June 2019 Graduates: Due February 22, 2019
September 2019 Graduates: Due April 26, 2019
Please consult the Registrar's website for graduation petition deadlines.