Skip to main content

Working at the HUB

All majors are encouraged to apply for work at The HUB!

To apply, a potential writing partner needs to take either English 113: Writing Center Theory & Practice or English 113EL: Writing Center Theory & Practice (ELSJ). These courses teach students how to assist writers at any stage of the writing process with idea development, analysis, organization, source usage, and more. The courses highlight why being a writing partner is much more than simply being an editor.

During AY 2018-19, ENGL 113EL will be offered during spring quarter.

If you have any questions about ENGL 113, ENGL 113EL, or about working at the center, contact Denise Krane (

Application materials

Submit completed application to Denise Krane, The HUB Director, and include the following:

  • A letter of interest in which you explain why you want to become a HUB Writing Partner and what particular skills, interests, and experiences you have that will allow you to contribute to the HUB's mission
  • The e-Portfolio you will have completed in English 113/English 113EL
  • A letter of recommendation written by a previous instructor or employer who can attest to your ability to work well with others, your conscientiousness, creativity, and/or any other information that supports your application


Why I Work in the HIUB

Stay Connected