The Parking Garage Weight Room has opened. It is located in the Main Parking Garage on the 1st floor. The southwest corner of the garage - if you walk outside the garage you would see the Solar Decathlon House & Beach Volleyball Courts. In the garage, we gave all pieces of cardio equipment 10 feet away from one another, and benches are at a minimum of 9 feet. This area does not have a phone if you do have a question for us please email email@example.com we will respond as soon as able.
Here is a link to the University Map for the location of the Main Parking Structure.
This page was last updated Monday, March 1, 2021.
Monday, March 1 - Friday, March 5 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (PST)
Saturday, March 6 & Sunday, March 7 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (PST)
Monday, March 8 - Friday, March 12 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (PST)
Saturday, March 13 & Sunday, March 14 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (PST)
Monday, March 15 - Friday, March 20 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (PST)
Saturday, March 21 - Sunday, April 11 TBD based on student staff working the weight room spring break travel plans & county policy on travel and quarantine
*All hours are subject to change based on student staffing availability
How to Reserve a Spot
- Only current students are eligible to make reservations to utilize the Parking Garage Weight Room.
- The reservation system is set up in software called IMLeagues (the same software we use to manage our Intramural Program).
- All students must first have or create an account in IMLeagues.
Issues with setting up your account? Please review this: Troubleshooting Setting up Account Issues
Step by step instructions to reserve a session:
- Login to IMLeagues
- Click the three lines (top left menu) Click "Reservations" under My Networks
- Click "Reservations" again in the top header under the Logo and Santa Clara University
- Click the date of interest (only can reserve 24-hours prior) and select the session of interest and "Join Session"
- Click Next and enter student ID (no W - all numbers including zero's. Example: 00001234567) and click "Sign Up"
- When it is time to check-in for your reservation at the Parking Garage Weight Room you will show your "Virtual ID card" (IMLeagues - How to find your Virtual ID Card How To's) to the student staff. See Policies for more information about checking in to use the weight room. (Having the free IMLeagues app will make this process easier & quicker at check-in)
Step by step instructions on how to view/cancel your reservation:
- Login to IMLeagues
- On the “Home” page click “Activities”
- You will see a calendar view. When you have a reservation on a certain day, there will be a dark yellow dot. Click on that date and you will see what you have reserved.
- Once you click “Open” your reservation and then select “Unregister For Session" if you would like to unregister.
- For more information on how to cancel see this How To: IMLeagues - How to see/cancel your reservations in IMLeagues App
The to be named “Parking Garage Weight Room” (PGWR) will be open to all current SCU students due to COVID-19 and the limited capacity we will not be open to faculty, staff, alumni, or guests at this time. This space does not have a phone if you do have a question for us please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will respond as soon as able.
Below are the current policies. All policies are subject to change.
Updated: February 26, 2021
How to Reserve a Spot in the Parking Garage Weight Room
- To reserve a session in the PGWR all must have an account in IMLeagues.
- Login to IMLeagues, select “Reservations”, then click the date of interest, session of interest, and reserve.
- Reservations can be made up to 24-hours in advance.
- Reservations are limited to one 45 minute reservation per day.
Checking In & COVID Reminders for Using this Weight Room
- You are required to have a reservation to enter the PGWR. You will have a 5-minute grace period before your reservation is canceled. At 6- minutes past the hour, we will check in participants present from the waitlist, then allow first come first serve users to enter until we hit our capacity limit. As people leave before the 45-minute reservation is over we will allow others to enter up to capacity. All will still need to leave at the end of the current 45-minute reservation window, not the time entered.
- Students that make a reservation and do not show up will not have access to reserve a spot for three days and will be emailed a reminder to cancel their reservation if they are unable to come so that their spot is available to others. Students that continue to not show up may lose access to the facility.
- Before you can enter the PGWR, you must complete the daily symptom check and show the Campus Recreation staff member upon check-in. You can show the staff member a screenshot of the symptom check.
- You are required to show either a screenshot of your most recent results or a screenshot proving that you have gotten a COVID test for the week. You must prove that you’re doing weekly COVID tests to enter the PGWR.
- At entering you will be asked to hand sanitize your hands. We will have sanitizer available at the check-in table and at the sanitation stations with all cleaning supplies.
- At all times you need to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all patrons and staff. This includes members of your household as Campus Recreation Staff has no way to verify household members.
- The maximum occupancy of the space is 15 patrons for week one, and as we learn how users are using the space will be adjusted. The maximum capacity for the square footage is up to 25.
- You are expected to vacate the PGWR by the end of your reservation. This means walking out of the PGWR when the 45-minute session is up, and not starting to cool down at that time. The staff needs this time to clean for the next set up users.
- You must wear a facial covering at all times including on the cardiovascular machines.
- Apparel that covers the trunk (tops that expose the midriff or rib cage are prohibited) is required at all times. Non-athletic clothing is okay. No jeans, studs, or belt buckles on upholstery.
- Closed-toe athletic shoes or other closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times. Including, on the platforms.
- Please do not bring any personal items into the PGWR. We ask that you limit your items to a water bottle, cell phone with headphones, and towel. Bicycles and skateboards must be stored and locked outside the weight room. The check-in staff will not be able to store any items due to COVID-19.
- Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed in the weight room. Enclosed water bottles with water only are allowed; however, no glass containers are allowed.
- There is no locker room access or restrooms on-site. The closet gender-neutral facility is at Campus Safety, and then Benson is open.
Specific Policies for this Weight Room
- Use the hand sanitizer, and then spray and wipe down all pieces of equipment after you’ve finished using it. This includes all plates, dumbbells, benches, racks, and bars. For cardiovascular equipment do not spray directly onto the electronics - spray the towel first and then wipe.
- Patrons are responsible for removing their trash and using the trash bins to recycle, compost, or throw away the trash accordingly. All paper towels used for wiping down the equipment can be composted.
- The use of chalk is not permitted.
- It is important that all participants maintain control of their weights at all times. Weights are not to be dropped or thrown.
- Patrons that use the platform for deadlifts should only drop the weights from their waist and not from any higher. The platform is the only location in the weight room for deadlifting.
- Safety collars must be used on Olympic bars and curl bars at all times.
- No stepping on upholstery. Please use the Plyo boxes near the stretching and check-in table for all step-ups.
- No spotting is allowed at this time - please only lift a weight you are comfortable with. If you get in trouble please call out for help.
- All equipment must be used for its designed function. Please do not stack equipment on top of other equipment.
- Equipment cannot be moved around the PGWR. The benches in the free weight area will have taped 9’ boxes to indicate where equipment is intended to be used and it must remain in that area.
- If you must take a phone call while in the PGWR please step out one of the exit gates to take or make your call.
General Campus Recreation Policies Applicable to this Space
- Users must abide by all posted and written policies as well as comply with requests made by Campus Recreation Staff members.
- Anyone exhibiting abusive behavior, either verbally or physically, toward another patron or Campus Recreation Staff will be asked to leave the facility immediately. Patrons may be suspended from using recreation facilities for his/her abusive behavior. If a patron refuses to leave the facility upon request of a Campus Recreation Staff member, Campus Safety will be contacted to remove the patron.
- Campus Recreation Staff reserves the right to refuse service to any participant.
- The athletic and campus recreation facilities are subject to 24-hour surveillance. The video is randomly monitored by Campus Recreation Staff and Campus Safety.
- All members that sustain a head injury and are transported during their use of athletic and campus recreation facilities and programs are required to submit a doctor’s note to return to using the athletic and campus recreation facilities and programs.
- Santa Clara University and Campus Recreation are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Any items left in the weight room will be brought to Campus Safety at the end of the business day.
- No alcohol products of any kind are allowed in any recreational facilities. Patrons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave the particular facility immediately.
- Photography and videography are permitted in Campus Recreation facilities for personal and academic use, with the exception of the locker rooms. The personal privacy of patrons must be respected. Campus Recreation staff reserves the right to ask any patron to cease taking photos. Taking photos and videos must be done in a safe manner, must not interfere with Campus Recreation operations, and must not disrupt other patrons’ activity. Photography or videotaping for commercial purposes must be approved by the University Marketing and Communication department.
- Animals (except service animals) are not allowed in the facility.
We will bring 30 pieces of equipment from the Malley Center weight room and locate them in 10,628 square feet of the parking garage. All pieces will have social distancing space around them for use.
There will be 15 cardio pieces in the space they will include:
- Three of each of the treadmills and spin bikes
- Two of each of the AMT's, Ellipticals, Recumbent bikes, and Upright bikes
- One rower
Strength equipment being moved into the weight room includes:
|Dumbbell racks||with 17.7 lbs - 70 lb weights|
|Standing dumbbell rack||with lighter weights 5lb - 15 lbs|
|Barbell rack||barbells 25 lbs - 70 lbs|
|Preacher Curl bench||1|
|weight tree||with various plates 2.5 - 45 lbs|
|Full rack & platform||1|
|Platform with no rack||1|
|Rubber plate rack||with various plates|
|flat bench press||2|
|incline bench press||1|
|decline bench press||1|
|Freemotion cable cross||1|
In addition, we will create a stretching area that will have 10 individual stretching mats, the plyo boxes, and the roman chair & pull up bar station. Here is a PDF file of the final layout for the parking garage weight room .
Here are photos of where the equipment will go on the 1st floor of the parking garage - we will update these once the equipment is moved into the area. In the meantime, this will show you where you can anticipate the area to be.