To support the students, faculty, and staff at Santa Clara University during times you need to quarantine, Campus Recreation has put together this list of links that cover topics like at-home workouts, managing your free time, and more.
Note: The following resources are suggestions from Campus Recreation staff and are not officially endorsed by Santa Clara University or its affiliates.
Below are a variety of links to indoor exercise options - these are all free options. If you have an option you would like to suggest for us to post please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them when we are able
- No equipment at home workouts by ACE
- HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts by ACE
- High Fitness (modern-day jazzercise) & they have some of their classes on YouTube as well
- Matrixs variety of at-home exercise ideas
- Les Mills at-home workouts - on demand (variety of options- body pump, cycling, etc.)
- Peloton app - free 90-day trial (cycling, running, yoga, meditation)
- Orangetheory classes on YouTube
- Planet Fitness at-home workouts (YouTube)
- Free Yoga workouts
- 20-minute vinyasa flow from Lululemon
- Ignatian Yoga
- Do Yoga with me
- Jaden Zhao, '14 has virtual classes on Instagram: @jiarenyogastudio
- Yoga with Adriene (YouTube)
- Restorative Yoga with Ashley S., Campus Recreation student instructor, Fall'20
- Gentle Yoga with Ashley S., Campus Recreation student instructor, Fall'20
- Bronco Workout Wednesdays - videos by our own SCU student-athletes launching each Wednesday spring '20
- Outdoor Fitness Workouts - Download the free Fitness Court App for a series of 7-minute, full-body workouts.
- Fitness Blender - Workout videos for every fitness level. Absolutely free.
- Ihovanis Let's Dance - Ivohanis in Belgium has a long online class for free
- The Fitness Marshall - Tons of free irreverent dance videos
- CON CALMA - Daddy Yankee/Zumbafitness (Coreografía) free by YSEL GONZÁLEZ
- Sony Ro Fitness - More free fitness videos
- Dance up to the Beat ("Gina B") - Get ready to rock it out with me to my #2020 pop song highlights!
- Latin Music Workout | Steps At Home | Get Fit With Rick - It's all about those summer vibes no matter the weather! Smash nearly 3000 steps at home with this Latin music Workout. Come get fit with rick
- BarBend - Check out this website for the "Best At Home Bodyweight Workouts" and numerous articles and information about all things wellness related.
Close to Santa Clara University are many outdoor activities to get out during the shelter in place but still be able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing. This is not all the possibilities and if you have other suggestions please email them to email@example.com and we will add them as we are able.
- The Stanford Dish - as of April 2 this trail has closed
- Castle Rock State Park trail
- Vasona Lake and Los Gatos Creek County Parks
If you would like to virtually visit a National Park - visit this website to explore The Hidden Worlds of the National Park.
Walking, running routes from the Bronco Statue - please select the image below based on the mileage you would like to complete - if you have a favorite run please share it with us and we will add it to this list firstname.lastname@example.org.
3-mile route from the Bronco Statue: Begin on the Alameda towards Park Ave., turn right on Naglee Ave, and then right on Garden Drive, and right on University Ave., then left on Park Ave. to go back to campus.
6-mile route from the Bronco Statue: Start down Market Street, left on Winchester, left on Bellomy Street, left on Jackson, right on Benton, right on the Alameda, right on Newhall Street, left on Park Ave., right on Naglee, right on Garden, right on Emory Street, left on Dana Ave., right on McKendrie and left on Park to return back to campus.
With the Sullivan Aquatic Center closed at this time you are not able to get your laps in here are some free options for free dry-land workouts. If you have other activities for swimmers to do at this time pass them on to email@example.com and we will get them posted as we are able
Here are some links to various videos to help you improve your game & your mind while the facilities are closed.
- Basketball - how to perfect your shot YouTube Video
- Volleyball - many videos on how to coach volleyball (YouTube)
- Soccer - various training drills on YouTube by Epic Soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee - trick shots and more (YouTube)
- Golf Tee App - IOS or Google Play - are you missing the greens - play 9 holes on 6 courses for free
- On-line brain games- by Braingle.com
- Brainteasers and puzzles- by Brain easer
At this time of COVID-19 and the shelter in place - you might just need to take a minute & calm yourself with a deep-breath - these are some free options we have found. If you have other options for the SCU community please pass them on to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get them posted as I am able
- Calm app
- Oak app (for IOS)
- Insight Timer
- Gratitude (journaling app)
- Shine (various links to different anxiety, depression, and meditations)
- Sanvello (free at this time on-demand options to help with anxiety and depression)
- Headspace app - has some free options at this time
- Breath2Relax app
- Smiling Mind app
- I-phone coloring apps
- Science of Happiness - free 10-week class
Purchasing coloring books or journals are also good activities to clear your minds.
Stay spiritual with our friends in Campus Ministry - click here to see their website.
At this time of COVID-19 and the shelter in place, there are many ways to be creative -
- I-phone coloring apps
- Virtual museum tours - so many to choose from, skip the admission fee & be inspired with a virtual tour
- Cooking Lessons - Wrist twistin’ in the kitchen with Queer Eye’s Antoni Porowski. Look out for a new lesson each day on his IGTV.
- LinkedIn Learning® allows you to learn what you want when you want. Select from thousands of beginner-to-advanced courses across core functional areas – including sales, marketing, finance, operations, IT, software and web development, customer service, and more.
- Do you like Solitaire? This website has over 500 games to play - as you need a study break this is a great opportunity to relax your mind and take a break.
Solitaire Brain still plays like the old school card game but is dedicated to promoting educational card games. If you scroll down, there are quick links to our educational card decks, “Heroes of Space & Flight,” "Famous Inventors," etc., and more Brain Training games.
- Mahjong Solitaire is an easily accessible brain game with a high skill-ceiling. Try this challenge!
Purchasing coloring books or journals are also good activities to clear your mind.
As we continue to be limited with the size of our gatherings - we can still build community - have you tried to host a Netflix Party? Have a movie night remotely! This Google Chrome extension lets you watch movies with friends online. Find more information here.