- QUICK STEPS to aid in resolving registration problems
- Why can't I register for Fall term classes during the summer?
- Why doesn't the INSTRUCTOR'S NAME show?
- Is my REGISTRATION TIME correct? Some of my friends have less units than me and have a better registration time.
- I have a HOLD on my account and I don't know what it is
- How can I OVERLOAD?
- I'm a SENIOR, so when can I register for 20 units?
- I registered for a class, but it is NOT SHOWING up on my ecampus
- Ecampus won't let me ADD a class
- I am trying to add a class, but ecampus gives me an error message that states I don't meet the PREREQUISITES
- I can't SWAP a class with a permission number
- My PERMISSION NUMBER doesn't work
- Double check that you have entered the correct "term."
- Empty your shopping cart and start the selection process again. Sometimes when a class sits in your shopping cart for a long while it causes a system error.
- If you are trying to swap a class with a permission number and it does not work, drop the class instead and then add the class you want with the permission number. Once you have a permission number, you do not need to worry about getting into the class as the permission number overrides a "closed" class.
- The ability to Overload in ecampus begins at 8:30 a.m. on the first day of class. To qualify to Overload you must have a CUM GPA of 3.3 and above or be an Honor student. You are then allowed to register up to 25 units. An additional fractional, 1 or 2 unit class can be added via a submitted "add" form which can be accessed on the Office of the Registrar website under "forms". Additional unit requests need to be approved at the Drahmann Center.
Why can't I register for fall term classes during the summer? On the Monday following undergraduate commencement, registration is closed to continuing fall term students until the Saturday prior to the first day of fall quarter. Open registration is closed until then because of summer orientation for incoming first year students. Continuing students will not be able to drop, swap or enroll in courses during this period.
Why doesn't the instructor's name show? Until an instructor has been entered into the system by our Human Resources department we have no way of adding them to ecampus. Once the instructor has completed the appropriate steps through Human Resources they will be added. If in doubt about the name of the instructor check with the department affiliated with the class.
Is my registration time correct? Some of my friends have less units than me and have a better registration time. Registration appointments are assigned as explained at http://www.scu.edu/studentrecords/Registration-Appointments.cfm
I have a hold on my account and I don't know what it is. On your student services page in ecampus there is an upper right hand box titled "Holds." If there is a hold listed in that box, click on "details" and there will be a listing showing which department assigned the hold. Click once more on the name of the hold listed under the column titled "Hold Item" and you will be given greater detail and the name of the department you need to contact.
How can I OVERLOAD? Students with a CUM GPA of 3.3 and above can Overload (up to 25 units) starting at 8:30 a.m. the first day of the quarter on ecampus. An additional fractional, 1 or 2 unit class can be added via a submitted "add" form which can be accessed on the Office of the Registrar website under "forms". Additional unit requests need to be approved at the Drahmann Center.
I'm a senior, so when can I register for 20 units? During the winter and spring quarters students with 131+ units with a minimum CUM GPA of 2.20 may register up to 20 units after the initial registration period is completed. In fall quarter this option begins the Saturday prior to the first day of class. An additional fractional, 1 or 2 unit class can be added via a submitted "add" form which can be accessed on the Office of the Registrar website under "forms". Additional unit requests need to be approved at the Drahmann Center.
I registered for a class, but it is not showing up on my ecampus. You may not have proceeded ALL the way through the registration process - your class is still in the shopping cart OR you received an error message that you missed reading. Note that if you fail to complete the registration process your enrollment will be left in "pending" mode. It is not your class until you receive confirmation. Always check your "My Class Schedule" to ensure that you have completed registration for ALL of your classes. This is your confirmation.
Ecampus won't let me add a class. You may have a hold on your account or you have reached your maximum allowable unit total. Read the error message that you receive to get the detail. If it still does not apply, try clearing out your "shopping cart" and start the add process from scratch.
I am trying to add a class, but ecampus gives me an error message that states I don't meet the prerequisites. You must meet the hard coded prerequisites of the class or the system will not allow you to enroll in the class. Double check that you do meet the requirements. If you still believe that you have met the prerequisites and still receive that error message, contact the department to get a permission number.