Sharing our Spirituality
Jesus answered, '"It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Just as our bodies need food for nourishment, so too do our souls need nourishment from God. Bellow you will find spiritual reflections in the form of prayers, poems, essays as well recommended readings. The following selections are the work of current SCU Jesuits, past Jesuits and others. We hope you enjoy the reflections, many blessings to you and yours.
- Trust in the Slow Work of God by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, S.J. (1881- 1955)
- Living Chastity, Psychosexual Well Being in Jesuit Life by Gerdenio Sonny Manuel, S.J. (as published in STUIDIES, a national Jesuit publication, Summer 2009)
- Just as You Are: Opening your Life to the Infinite Love of God, by Paul Coutinho, S.J. (rec. by Dennis Smolarski, S.J.)
- Heroic Living: Discover your Purpose and Change the World, by Chris Lowney (rec. by Dennis Smolarski, S.J.)
- The Master and Brooklyn, by Colin Toibin (rec. by Sonny Manuel, S.J.)
- The Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford (rec. by Sonny Manuel, S.J.)