Career Empowerment Sustainability Coordinator
The Student Sustainability Coordinator for Career Empowerment assists with leading and evaluating the Center for Sustainability’s career programming to guide students on a sustainable career path. These programs include engaging alumni and local partners to share career paths and enabling mentorship opportunities for students.
Upon completion of this position, students should expect to include something similar to the following highlights on their resumes:
- Collaborated with the launch of the Center for Sustainability’s LinkedIn page to facilitate on-going networking opportunities for alumni and current students.
- Coordinated the Sustainability Mentorship Program, a program that connects SCU alumni and local interested employees with current students to assist with future career development.
- Organized Sustainability Career Chats, informal networking opportunities for SCU students to connect with sustainability professionals about their career journeys.
Qualifications specific to this position:
- Experience with event coordination
- Strong public speaking skills
- Comfort with engaging with new contacts and community members