Faculty who are interested in living/working more sustainably and being change agents in their social and professional networks.
The Faculty Sustainability Liaison program empowers Santa Clara University employees to implement the University's Strategic Plan by fostering Justice and Sustainability programs among University departments and organizations. Liaisons model and engage their peers in sustainable behaviors in order to develop a culture of sustainability among faculty and students in their classes at SCU.
Benefits of being a Faculty Sustainability Liaison:
- Receive Sustainability SWAG indicating your role as a Faculty Sustainability Liaison
- Receive a Sustainability Hotspot badge
- Extra support and resources from the Center for Sustainability
- Opportunities to share expertise, discuss and develop collaborations across campus, and more
- Faculty Liaisons will be eligible for the SCU Sustainability Champion award
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with students, faculty, and staff members working on sustainability initiatives at SCU
Faculty Sustainability Liaison Responsibilities:
- Attend one 1-hr meeting each month. These meetings are focused on a different topic each month. Liaisons bring questions and ideas for an engaging discussion. Liaisons take away action items meant to be accomplished in one hour or less. Two of the three meetings each quarter will be open to the campus community while one meeting will be soley with this cohort.
- Spend 1-hr each month on sustainability. This time is spent completing action items from the Liaison meeting, developing initiatives in the department, creating sustainability-related coursework, and presenting information to colleagues.
- Provide feedback to the Center for Sustainability. Liaisons are a channel for two-way communication between campus employees and the Center for Sustainability. Liaisons bring questions, concerns, and ideas to the Center for Sustainability as well as share new information and upcoming events with their peers.
- Duration: We ask Liaisons to commit to an academic year term. So, the first group of Liaisons will participate through June 2018. Liaisons may continue as long as they wish, but there is no requirement to participate longer than one year.
2016-17 Faculty Liaisons
|Deirdre Frontczak||Business School|
|Iris Stewart- Frey|
|Sarah Robinson||Religious Studies|
|Leslie Gray||Environmental Studies and Sciences|
|Lucile Couplan-Cashman||Modern Languages|