Microsoft Office 2016
Microsoft Office 2016 is available for faculty and staff university-owned computers beginning April 4, 2016.
Academic Technology will begin including Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (Windows) and Office 2016 for Mac Standard (Mac) on new university-owned computers for faculty and staff beginning July 1, 2016.
For university-owned computers already running Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 (Windows) and Office for Mac Standard 2011, faculty and staff can request Office 2016 effective April 4, 2016.
Our Microsoft license requires Proof of University Ownership to install Microsoft Office 2016. Computers with PC Replacement Property Tag have been verified. For computers that do not have PC Replacement property tag, proof of University Ownership will be required prior to the software installation.
If you would like to have Office 2016 installed on your University-owned computer, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the Technology Help Desk at x5700 and request an Office 2016 upgrade. A call ticket will be created for you.
- You will need to provide your computer’s name when you call us.
- For Windows OS, click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel”. Click on the “System & Security” link, then go to “System”. Your computer name appears near the middle.
- For Mac OS, open “System Preferences” and go to “Sharing”. Your computer name appears at the top.
- Once your call ticket has been received, a technician will deploy the Office 2016 software to your computer.
- Software deployments will be done remotely with BigFix, our software patching system. If your computer does not have BigFix installed, a technician will come out to your computer to install BigFix only. Once BigFix is installed, Office 2016 will be installed remotely.
- Software deployments will only be done Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm.
- The Office 2016 installation will be an upgrade only. Your existing installation of Office will be removed during the process.
- The software installation will be silent. The technician will send you an email when the upgrade starts, then a second email once installation is complete so you can verify your computer received the software. At that time your call ticket will be closed.
Office 2016 may require software patches once it’s installed on your computer. This will also be performed by BigFix silently.
Contact the Technology Help Desk at x5700 with the information in Step 1 above if you wish to have Office 2016 installed on your computer.