Trigger Warning! This web page, and/or the web pages linked within, contains information relating acts of violence - including sexual and domestic violence - that may represent triggers for survivors and/or family members.
Graphic displaying "Consent is a clear YES not the absense of a NO"
- Informed, knowing, and voluntary (freely given).
- Active (not passive).
- Affirmative action through clear words or actions.
- Creates mutually understandable permission regarding the conditions of sexual activity.
- Cannot be obtained by use of physical force, compelling threats, intimidating behavior, or coercion.
- Cannot be given by someone known to be—or should be known to be—mentally or physically incapacitated. Incapacitation is a state where individuals cannot make rational, reasonable decisions because they lack the capacity to give knowing consent.
of college students involved in clubs, teams, and organizations experience hazing