The Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX hosts online and in-person training for staff and faculty regarding the prevention of unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment issues. The University, in compliance with state and federal law, requires all employees to undergo this training every two years.
There are currently two options for completing this mandatory training requirement. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about either of these options or get set-up for access to the online module. Staff and faculty need only complete one of the two options to be in good standing with the training requirement.
- EverFi Foundry Online Module: Online training is available and accessible to employees 24/7, 365 days a year. You can complete this training at your own pace. The training invites employees to consider the nature of harassment and discrimination. It provides practical tips on creating a safe, inclusive environment for work, including safe and positive bystander intervention options. Filled with engaging, interactive exercises, it covers all aspects of everyone's role in promoting a harassment and discrimination-free workplace. Topics covered in the training module include:
Identifying and eliminating workplace harassment and discrimination based on "protected characteristics."
Understanding laws related to discrimination and harassment and responding to misconduct appropriately.
Addressing inappropriate behavior before it creates a "hostile work environment."
Recognizing abusive behavior and other misconduct, including microaggressions and unconscious bias, that may lead to workplace bullying or hostility, reducing productivity and creativity.
- Live Workshops: Periodically throughout the year, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX partners with a variety of off-campus firms and organizations to deliver live workshops that address the topic of workplace harassment prevention. Upcoming events will be shared on the SCU event calendar and emailed to staff and faculty in the weeks leading up to each workshop.
Introducing this year's featured speaker...
Dr. Steven Jones holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a master’s in Multicultural Counseling, and a Ph.D. in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology. He is the author of Journey to Excellence, a transformational book helping people define and achieve excellence in their lives. In the global arena, while studying business practices in Chang Mai, Thailand, Dr. Jones became the first person of African descent to be ordained as a Buddhist Monk at a 700-year-old monastery called Wat Umong. While Dr. Jones currently serves as a National Diversity Advisor to corporations like Sempra Energy and Honda, he also places a significant amount of his focus working with Colleges, Universities, Independent and Public Schools to further their mission to become more diverse and inclusive at all levels. Dr. Jones founded JONES & Associates to make a widespread positive impact in the world of diversity, inclusion, and organizational excellence. Dr. Jones has been heralded as a dynamic keynote speaker, transformational facilitator, phenomenal organization effectiveness consultant, and innovative executive.Watch a sample of Dr. Jones in action »
In his two-hour live, Zoom workshop, Creating a Respectful and Inclusive Campus Community, Dr. Steven Jones helps faculty and staff develop culturally responsive and inclusive practices and competencies as a skill set through which we can better recognize acts of discrimination and sexual harassment, their impacts, our own responsibility for them, and identify language and tools to talk about the issues, especially with our students and colleagues.
- Previous SCU Workshops:
- November 9th, 2020
- November 17th, 2020
- January 13th, 2021
- January 26th, 2021
- February 2nd, 2021
- February 9th, 2021
- View the PowerPoint slides for these workshops here:
- Dr. Steven Jones Slides for SCU Workshops
- Please Note: The training materials posted here and their entire contents, features, functionality, and compilation of all content are protected by United States and international copyright laws. You are not permitted to use this site other than for private, non-commercial purposes. These terms prohibit the reproduction, distribution, modification, creation of derivative works, public display, republishing, downloading, storage, or transmission of any material on these sites. Reuse of any data obtained from this site for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited, including automated tools to retrieve data from or enter data into this site.
- Dr. Steven Jones Slides for SCU Workshops
- Additional workshop dates will be announced in Spring 2021.
In addition to taking one of the mandatory trainings, faculty and staff who wish to learn more about these topics can explore the options below:
- Wellness Center Trainings/Programs: You can contact the Wellness Center or visit their website (https://www.scu.edu/wellness/) for further information about the various programs and trainings that they offer throughout the year. Programs include:
- Introduction to the Wellness Center
- Bystander intervention 101
- Bystander Intervention Training (IPV)
- Violence Prevention Overview
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month