The Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX partners and collaborates with a number of departments to provide a robust training curriculum to students throughout the year.
EVERFI Online Training: In collaboration with the Wellness Center and the Office of Student Life, each newly enrolled student (first year students, transfers and graduate students) are required to complete an online training which discusses Sexual Harassment and Sex Based Misconduct and Discrimination. This course will give you a better idea of the University’s behavioral expectations, policies and definitions of terms associated with any sex-based offenses. You may visit www.everfi.com to access the course with a code issued to you by the University.
- Undergraduates & Transfers: You will receive an email from the Office of Student Life at the start of your enrollment which will detail how to access this course with your newly issued Santa Clara University email address. The course will take approximately 2.5 hours of your time and you can complete it at your own pace. You will have a deadline by which you need to complete the course (typically within the first few weeks of classes starting). You should complete this course as soon as possible to avoid delays to future registration, or holds or fees placed on your student account.
- Graduates: You will receive an email from your Graduate Program at the start of your enrollment. This course may take up to 1.5 hours to complete and you can complete it at your own pace. The course is designed to address issues specific to the graduate/ working environment. We recognize that many of you may be full-time working professionals and we encourage you to complete the course as soon as possible to avoid delays to future registration.
Wellness Center Programs & Trainings: You can contact the Wellness Center or visit their website (https://www.scu.edu/wellness/) for further information about the various programs and trainings that they offer throughout the year. Programs include:
- Introduction to the Wellness Center
- Bystander intervention 101
- Bystander Intervention Training (IPV)
- Violence Prevention Overview
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- One Love Escalation Workshop*** Offered as part of the “Being a Bronco” orientation series and additionally available upon request.
- Greek Summits
- Peer Health Education