Santa Clara University's budget is built based upon Five Guiding Principles:
- Maintaining the lowest possible cost of education by controlling tuition and room and board rate increases and funding financial aid
- Increasing SCU’s ability to recruit and retain talented faculty and staff
- Making investments which support the strategic plan
- Investing in information technology to enhance the learning environment and maintain SCU’s position in the Silicon Valley
- Responsibly steward costs and expenses
With those in mind, the University Board of Trustees approved a total budget of $516.5 million dollars in fiscal 2019-2020. Further details on the full breadth of priorities considered in FY20 and previous years, please see the budget forum presentations below.