Mission: To promote a culture of well-being where students identify and practice lifelong skills that improve quality of life.
Focus: Our main focus is on risk reduction and early intervention related to alcohol and drug use and the prevention of gender based violence. We strive to promote student wellbeing through education, prevention, and outreach services.
The Peer Health Educators (PHE) obtain specialized training and deliver programs and events about various health and wellness topics for SCU students.
The Violence Prevention Students are a peer-based organization aimed at raising awareness about dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, and other forms of interpersonal violence, and providing tools for violence prevention and intervention at SCU.
Broncos in Recovery: The mission of the collegiate recovery is to provide support to students who are recovering from alcoholism and addiction as it pertains to living clean and sober at Santa Clara University. Our group's traditions are rooted in Ignatian spirituality and are inspired by the mission of Santa Clara University.
Team One Love mission is to raise awareness about the consequences of relationship violence.
Primary Objectives of the Wellness Center
The primary objectives of the Wellness Center include:
- Reducing harmful alcohol and drug use
- Reducing sexual assault and relationship violence
- Increasing student knowledge of, and ability and commitment to take action as bystanders when a situation involving misuse of alcohol and other drugs and its consequences arises, and/or a potential or in-progress sexual assault and/or violent act occurs
- Increasing student knowledge of and tools to engage in healthy choices related to wellness, including healthful eating, stress management, healthy relationships, sexual health, general health, mental health, sleep, and other topics
- Engaging students as ambassadors amongst the student body to promote general well-being and health