- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Eligibility standards vary from program to program, but some of the most common requirements include:
- Current students and alumni are eligible.
- Strong academic performance, and especially an intellectual passion; the specific standards will depend upon the fellowship for which you’re making application.
- Sustained record of involvement in and leadership of extracurricular activities.
- United States citizenship, unless otherwise noted.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteer service. The field(s) in which you work as a volunteer should be interesting to you, connected with your intellectual passions, and your involvement in service should continue over an extended period of time.
- Pursuit of appropriate research and/or performance activities.
- Awareness of relevant issues in the field of the fellowship and of current issues in the United States and, if applicable, the country in which you intend to pursue study.
- Excellent communication skills, including the preparation of a compelling personal statement and a convincing plan of study and/or research.
- Enthusiasm for learning, for discovery, and for achievement.
- Strong scores on whatever examinations might be required for the programs to which you are making application.