With Spring Break behind us and a little bit of rain earlier this week, we are hoping you can enjoy the cool weather while taking a few minutes to read the latest eNews.
STAFF TOWN HALL & STAFF SENATE MEETING, March 10, 2022
- Staff Survey – Please complete the staff survey. This will take 10-15 minutes of your time and the data gathered will help inform staff priorities and goals for the Staff Senate, incoming President Dr. Sullivan, and other shared governance bodies. Your voice counts! And you can enter the drawing at the end of the survey for a chance to win a Bronco Bookstore gift card.
- ERG Updates – Please consider joining one of many quickly-growing ERGs supported by the Staff Senate. If you are interested in a leadership role, please fill out this form. Stay tuned for future updates on ERG collaboration with our VP of DEI Shá Duncan Smith.
- Staff Appreciation Grams – Follow this link through the end of March to say thanks to any of your staff colleagues!
- Annual Performance Reviews – The annual performance review process has begun. There is more flexibility this year in regards to when the next steps of the process need to happen between you and your supervisor. For any questions regarding the performance review process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recent Voting Results –
- APPROVED - Staff Senate Bylaws Amendment 2022.03(a) - Awards Review Committee: 25 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain
- APPROVED - Staff Senate Bylaws Amendment 2022.03(b) - Open standing committee membership to all staff assembly: 24 Yes, 1 No, 0 Abstain
For more detailed information, please go to Staff Senate Agendas and Minutes.
If you missed the Staff Town Hall, you can view the Panopto recording for great information from Shá Duncan Smith, Jenna Elliot, and your Senators here: 03.10.22 | Staff Town Hall. Please sign in to MySCU Portal and log in with your SCU credentials. If you have technical difficulties, contact Staff Senate Sr. Administrative Assistant Ixtlac Dueñas (email@example.com).
Testing & Masking Updates
Last week, the COVID-19 Operations provided some updates to these requirements. Please make sure to review this announcement and continue to visit the Prepared SCU site for up-to-date information.
HR Updates & Reminders
HR recently announced the extension of the work-from-home pilot through May 2022 to align the end of the pilot program with the anticipated completion and implementation of the revised policy. Please make sure to submit an extension form starting Friday April 1. More information and other updates can be found in HR's latest newsletter.
- While Women's History Month is coming to a close, you can still listen to OML's March episode from its "Word on the Street" podcast with discussions around a variety of topics from what does it mean to say "empowered women empower women" to inclusive feminism and how to teach the younger generation to work against stereotypes. Click here to listen and subscribe.
- The Malley Center has re-opened with regular academic hours as of March 28. For more information, visit: https://www.scu.edu/recreation/.
Please check out the SCU Events calendar for up-to-date information for campus events in April.
NEXT STAFF SENATE MEETING TO BE HELD APRIL 14, 1:00-2:30PM
Join us, be part of the discussion, and let your voice be heard!
Can't make it to the next meeting? Submit your questions to StaffSenate@scu.edu.
Meeting will be held via Zoom. Link and password will be sent closer to the meeting date.
2022 Staff Recognition Awards are just around the corner!
Staff Senate is seeking nominees to staff the committee that will select the award winners starting this April. We encourage you to nominate yourself or fellow staff members for this important role! Please use this Google form to submit your nominations and indicate why you believe you and/or your colleague(s) would be a good representative to serve on this committee. Please submit your nomination by TOMORROW April 1, 2022.