de Saisset Museum

South Bay's free museum of art and history

Museum History

selfportrait-lg_230x230 

de Saisset Museum History

Upon her death in 1950, Isabel de Saisset bequeathed to Santa Clara College parcels of real estate in the city of San Jose. She donated the property for the purpose of enabling Santa Clara College to raise funds to build a museum in honor of her brother, Ernest. MORE »

isabel_230x230 

de Saisset Family History

The de Saisset family rose to prominence in the Santa Clara Valley during the mid- to late 19th century. Pedro de Saisset, a French emigrant and father of Museum namesake, Ernest de Saisset, served as French consulate in San Jose and founded the Brush Electric Light company. Pedro and his wife, Maria Palomares de Saisset had four children, Henrietta, Ernest, Pierre, and Isabel. MORE »