fyi - News for the Campus CommunityView all items »
Renovations Complete and Doors to Reopen at Benson Memorial Center
Open layout, dozens of skylights, and television screens. They’re the latest features of the newly remodeled Benson Memorial Center, which has been closed all summer.
Step inside, and you’ll see Market Square is now Marketplace, and walls that once separated The Bronco have been torn down so that crowding will no longer be an issue. Other changes include suspended ceiling fans, cushioned banquette seating, and cash registers at all food stations, rather than at a centralized location. The most important feature, of course, is the food. Marketplace will feature:
· California Deli – made-to-order and grab-n-go sandwiches, deli meats, and sides;
· Farmer’s Pantry – large salad bar area, bread and breakfast bars, and fruit/vegetable area;
· Saute – chef display cooking-to-order area under a large copper hood in the center of the facility;
· The Bistro – traditional international cuisine, crepes, panini, and a carving station; and
· La Parrilla – taqueria offering quesadillas, taco salads, and specialties.
At The Bronco, you’ll find:
· Tailgater’s – grill specialties as well as burgers, fries, and standard game fair;
· 540 Pizza and More – pizza, calzones, lasagna, and other baked casseroles;
· Quench – gelato bar, aquas frescas, freshly brewed teas, as well as beer and wine (late night service only)
The Bronco will be open at 11:00 a.m. during the week, as well both Saturday and Sunday nights.
The first official meal will be served to students on Saturday, Sept. 18. However, faculty and staff are invited to a soft opening of the facility on Sept. 16 and 17. Dining Services will provide times shortly. A grand opening event will follow on Sept. 23 at 4 p.m.