Welcome to Archives & Special Collections
Archives & Special Collections houses the University Library's rare books and manuscript collections, the University Archives, and the California Jesuit Archives. Materials may be viewed in the Norman F. Martin, S.J. Reading Room by University students, faculty, staff and other researchers. For more information, feel free to contact us.
- Mission Santa Clara Manuscript Collection
Mission Santa Clara's valuable Manuscript Collection consists of hundreds of manuscripts primarily written and collected by the Franciscan missionaries from the founding of the Mission in 1777 until the arrival of the Jesuits in 1851. The manuscripts deal not only with the missionaries' spiritual endeavors, but with various aspects of daily life at Mission Santa Clara. The Manuscript Collection includes sacramental records, account books, annual reports, governmental and ecclesiastical correspondence, choirbooks, and instructions on wool-processing, health care and cuisine, among others.
Guide to the Mission Santa Clara Manuscript Collection
- Rare Book Collection
- With strengths in pre-1800 theology and Jesuitica.
- University Photograph Collection
- Images documenting the visual history of SCU from its founding in 1851 to the present.
- Digital Collections
Explore Santa Clara University's rich past online through our digital collections. Photographs and documents help explore the transformation of Santa Clara from Mission to College to University.
- University Archives
- SCU records, graduate theses, faculty and student publications, and many other SCU-related collections in a variety of formats.