Voices for Justice: The Enduring Legacy of the Latino Press in the United StatesExhibit, Oct 19 - Dec 4
On the Origin of Species: a Darwin Anniversary Lunch & Illustrated PresentationLiterary Cuisine, Thu Nov 19, noon-1:30 p.m.
LINK+ Media Lending Survey
Effective July 1, 2009, users of LINK+ have been able to borrow media, such as CD's, DVD's, spoken word audio tapes, etc. This service is available on an experimental basis for a six-month period, until December 2009.
Your valuable input regarding this service would be greatly appreciated. Please answer a few questions on this short survey before Monday, Nov. 16. The survey should take approximately 2 minutes to complete.
The results of this survey will be used in the evaluation of this pilot project and the determination as to whether media lending should become a permanent part of the LINK+ program.
Complete the survey:
Food For Fines
From Nov. 9 through Dec. 11, 2009, students, faculty, and staff can help the hungry and reduce their Library fines (including LINK+ fines) at the same time with Food For Fines. For each can of food you donate, the Library will waive $2 off your fines. Of course, it isn't necessary to have fines to donate food!
Collection barrels are located at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Learning Commons. Please help us fill as many barrels as possible.
Most needed items:
- Powdered milk
- Peanut butter
- Canned meats
- Low-sugar cereal
- Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
- 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
All contributions will be donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank. With your help, we can do it!
Please Note These Exceptions:
- The overdue materials and food donations must be presented at the Circulation Desk at the same time in order for your donation to count as a payment.
- Food For Fines does not apply to billed accounts and cannot be used to pay for lost materials.
- Food items whose expiration date has passed will not be accepted.
If you have questions, or want more information, please contact Marian Fricano.