Food For Fines
From Nov. 9 through Dec. 11, 2009, students, faculty, and staff can help the hungry and reduce their Library fines (including LINK+ fines) at the same time with Food For Fines. For each can of food you donate, the Library will waive $2 off your fines. Of course, it isn't necessary to have fines to donate food!
Collection barrels are located at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Learning Commons. Please help us fill as many barrels as possible.
Most needed items:
- Powdered milk
- Peanut butter
- Canned meats
- Low-sugar cereal
- Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
- 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
All contributions will be donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank. With your help, we can do it!
Please Note These Exceptions:
- The overdue materials and food donations must be presented at the Circulation Desk at the same time in order for your donation to count as a payment.
- Food For Fines does not apply to billed accounts and cannot be used to pay for lost materials.
- Food items whose expiration date has passed will not be accepted.
If you have questions, or want more information, please contact Marian Fricano.