Electronic Reserves FAQ
- What services does the library offer for electronic reserves?
Course Reserves staff will:
- scan and/or upload documents to your Camino course pages,
- redirect you to further resources for more complicated support questions.
- How do I prepare the documents I need scanned?
- Include a Scanning Request Form (PDF) and a Fair Use Checklist with your documents
- If you have more than one document, keep them separated with paperclips, not staples.
- Provide a full citation including author, title and source for all copyrighted material. Failure to provide such information may result in processing delays.
- Prioritize the items in your request, preferably by including a course syllabus at the beginning of the quarter.
- How long does it take to process my request?
Please allow at least three weekdays at the beginning of the quarter. Make sure you contact the Course Reserves Supervisor for current turnaround times before submitting anything marked urgent.
- What is the best way to contact the Course Reserves Supervisor?
- Who is responsible for making sure my electronic reserves comply with copyright law?
For information on copyright, fair use and electronic reserves, the University has produced the Copyright and the Electronic Reserve System tutorial.