Media on Reserve FAQ
- Can I put movies on Course Reserves?
Yes, DVD and VHS materials can be placed on Course Reserves.
- Can media from other libraries go on reserve?
No, only items which belong to you or the University Library can be placed on reserve.
- How do I submit my request?
You can use the online request form or submit your request in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Where do students go to get media on reserve?
Reserve materials are held at the Circulation Desk.
- What is the loan period for media on reserve?
Media on reserve is on 4-hour loan.
- Are there VCRs and DVD players in the Learning Commons?
Viewing stations with headphones are located to the right of the Circulation Desk.
- How do I make arrangements for a film to be shown to my class?
- When will my own media that I had on reserve be returned to me?
Personal copies are usually kept in Course Reserves until you or your Research Assistant pick them up from the Circulation Desk. Special arrangements for pickup or delivery of these items should be made with the Course Reserves Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-554-5240).