Staff Senate Meeting, Thursday, April 8, 2021 @ 1:00p.m.
- Enhancing Consultation and Transparency in Governance Task Force Updates (Bill Mains)
- Investigating and recommending a simple, sustainable online policy tracking mechanism, in consultation with the UCC and UPCs.
- Student Affairs UPC’s Proposal to Add MCC Director to Committee’s Composition (Tim Urdan)
- Since there are staff members on the Student Affairs committee and this is a UPC Charter Category 2, Substantive Change, the shared governance process requires the UCC to obtain the approval from the Staff Senate.
- Staff Affairs Committee Update (Brian Moon)
- The Staff Affairs Committee crafted recommendations to completely revise Policy 307: Telecommuting. The full text of the recommendations may be viewed here.
- See entire meeting minutes linked below:
Santa Clara University Human Resources sent an important email regarding issues you need to know for Return to Work on Campus. The email has information on topics listed below:
- Health & safety protocols for gradual return to campus
- Spring quarter return of essential access employees only
- The continuing limitations on campus for Spring term and in the county's "orange tier" status
- Financial updates including merit increases and the ongoing hiring freeze
- Student employment restrictions
- Vaccination & Testing update
- Kids on Campus reopening May 3 on a limited-capacity basis
- An upcoming supervisor town hall to discuss return to campus and more
SCU in Quarantine
Santa Clara Magazine, in partnership with University Archives & Special Collections, is recording history by collecting stories from the SCU community about their experiences in quarantine during the last year of the pandemic.
Learn more about the project HERE
Share your story HERE
Each month we will spotlight little-known benefits that are available to employees at Santa Clara University.
Staff have free access to these publications through SCU.
Setup instructions for WSJ HERE; for NYT HERE
The Staff Senate invites you to:
Every Friday | 12:05 - 12:15 PM
The Examen was developed by St. Ignatius of Loyola
as a technique of prayerful reflection on the events
of the day in order to detect God's presence and
discern God's direction for us.
No registration required.
Bronco Pantry use is at an all-time high and continues to be in need of support. For those interested and able to help, please consider the following options:
- Donated items: During the COVID-19 crisis, a donation bin has been placed inside the lobby of the Campus Safety Services office for 24/7 donation drop-offs. Most needed items include rice, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, canned vegetables, microwavable meals (vegetarian friendly), granola bars, dishwashing sponges and dish soap, paper towels, and toilet paper. We cannot accept homemade items.
- Target eGift Cards will be forwarded directly to students in need. Donations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by selecting the e-mail delivery method at time of purchase.
- Safeway Gift Cards can be purchased on our program's Amazon Wishlist. Select "Kim Gilkey's Gift Registry Address" at checkout. Our staff will hand off these gifts directly to the students.
- Cash Donations: Donate directly to our program on the Santa Clara website here.
Thank you for your continued support and generosity!
Office of Student Life
Bronco Pets: A Catwalk For All
The Staff Senate invites you to submit your favorite pet photos! The theme is BRONCO PETS: A Catwalk for All. We want to see all of the amazing pictures that reflect this silliness of your pet(s) and the joy they bring you! The categories are purposefully broad, so get creative and submit your best photos!
All photo submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: May 7, 2021
1) Silly Antics - does your cat do yoga? Have a pet pig that smiles? Let us see their silliness!
2) Best Menagerie - awkward family photo of your pets, we want to see them all together.
3) Best BRONCO - take a picture of your pet in their Bronco Gear!
4) Best of Show - show us the best you have of your pet(s) strutting their stuff!
The terms for Staff Senators from 13 of 24 divisions represented by Staff Senate expire in 2021. Look out for e-mails inviting you to:
Nominate new senators (week of May 3)
Nominees to accept or decline (week of May 10)
Vote for new senators (week of May 17)
Senators will be nominated for the following divisions:
*Alumni Relations *Athletics *College of Arts & Sciences *Development Office *Information Services *Leavey School of Business *Provost *School of Law *SCU Mission *Student Life *University Library *University Operations *University Relations
Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Join us, be part of the discussion, and let your voice be heard!
Can't make it? Then submit your questions to StaffSenate@scu.edu
by noon on Monday, May 10, 2021.
Meeting will be held via Zoom.
Link and password will be sent closer to meeting date.