Staff Senate Meeting, Thursday, May 13, 2021 @ 1 p.m.
- End of Year Updates/Reflections from Acting President Kloppenberg on budget, commencement, undergraduate enrollment, and other issues.
- Budget Investigation Task Force includes Staff Senate Interim President-elect, Brian Moon. The task force is working with audit and finance committees chairs of the Board of Trustees to determine the scope of the investigation, identify an external auditor, and begin the investigation process. (For the most-recent update from the Budget Investigation Task Force, check your email for Update #4 dated June 17.)
Staff Senate Meeting, Thursday, June 10, 2021 @ 1 p.m.
- Highlights from End-of-Year Report and June 4 Board of Trustee Report were shared.
- Staff Affairs University Policy Committee continues to review and discuss a proposal to modify the staff email lists. Staff Affairs will continue to solicit feedback from the Staff Senate.
- Update from Events and Services Committee included a reminder that Staff Faire will need to be reimagined or substituted with another event this year, due to COVID restrictions.
- A Staff Town Hall is planned for August, which will be focused on return-to-campus updates.
The most-recent quarterly email from Santa Clara University Human Resources contained helpful new information including:
- Following changes to California regulations, masks are optional when indoors for fully vaccinated individuals (faculty, staff, students, contractors, visitors, guests) effective July 1.
- Business needs are the drivers for the gradual return and may look different for each unit.
- Employees and managers may reach out to their HR Partner for support and consultation.
SCU in Quarantine
Santa Clara Magazine, in partnership with University Archives & Special Collections, is recording history by collecting stories from the SCU community about their experiences in quarantine during the last year of the pandemic.
Learn more about the project HERE
Share your story HERE
Staff benefits available @ SCU
COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
Thanks to a new California law, employees could be eligible for up to 80 hours of COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave when unable to work or telework due to certain reasons related to COVID-19. The benefit applies retroactively from 1/1/2021 to 9/30/2021
More information is available here.
Employee Emergency Loan Program
The interest-free loan program is offered by SCU to all benefits-eligible employees. The maximum loan amount is $4,000, which must be repaid within three years through payroll deductions.
Additional details and an application form may be accessed here.
Bronco Pantry use is at an all-time high and continues to be in need of support. For those interested and able to help, please consider the following options:
- Donated items: During the COVID-19 crisis, a donation bin has been placed inside the lobby of the Campus Safety Services office for 24/7 donation drop-offs. Most needed items include rice, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, canned vegetables, microwavable meals (vegetarian friendly), granola bars, dishwashing sponges and dish soap, paper towels, and toilet paper. We cannot accept homemade items.
- Target eGift Cards will be forwarded directly to students in need. Donations can be sent to email@example.com by selecting the e-mail delivery method at time of purchase.
- Safeway Gift Cards can be purchased on our program's Amazon Wishlist. Select "Kim Gilkey's Gift Registry Address" at checkout. Our staff will hand off these gifts directly to the students.
- Cash Donations: Donate directly to our program on the Santa Clara website here.
Thank you for your continued support and generosity!
Office of Student Life
Bronco Pets: A Catwalk For All Photo Contest
Congratulations to our Contest Winners:
1) Silly Antics - Ramen Cat submitted by Annie Lau
2) Best Menagerie - Happy Valentine's Day...kinda submitted by Kim Gilkey
3) Best BRONCO - Speckles, submitted by Ixtlac Duenas
4) Best of Show - Docket submitted by Annie Lau
Next Meeting to be Held in August, 2021. Stay tuned for more info!
Join us, be part of the discussion, and let your voice be heard!
Meeting will be held via Zoom.
Link and password will be sent closer to meeting date.