To apply as a (Non-Degree) Special Student, please provide:
- Completed & signed non-degree application for admission. You may apply to JST-SCU online by completing our Application for Admission through CollegeNet or by downloading our non-degree application for admission form, printing, completing, signing and returning it to JST-SCU with supporting documents.
- Non-refundable application fee of U.S. $50.00 paid in U.S. dollars (Domestic students only)
*The $50.00 application fee is waived for international applicants.
- Statement of Purpose. Submit a brief description of your academic and/or ministerial background, indicating why you wish to study at JST-SCU, and any particular areas of interest you may have.
- Non-Degree students who plan to audit classes must send official certification of a bachelor’s degree or any graduate theological degree.
Non-Degree students who plan to take classes for credit must submit an official transcript of the most recently completed academic degree program.
- One letter of recommendation. It must address your academic qualifications for graduate level study. Preferably this letter would be from a person who recently taught you. If you have been out of school for an extended period of time, one recommendation from an employer, a professional colleague, or a church or community leader will be acceptable.
*Neither the GRE nor TOEFL are required for the non-degree programs.
Although applications for admission are accepted on a rolling admissions basis, applicants to the (Non-Degree) Special Student program are urged to have their application materials to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management one month prior to the beginning of the academic term in which they plan to enroll, as classes typically fill quickly.