Food For Fines - Fall 2012
From November 12 through December 7, students, faculty, and staff can both help the hungry and reduce their library fines (including LINK+ fines) at the same time. Please consider making a contribution to Food For Fines. For each can of food you donate, the Library will waive $2 off your fines. Of course, it isn't necessary to have fines to donate food!
Collection barrels are located at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Learning Commons. Please help us fill as many barrels as possible.
Most needed items:
- Powdered milk
- Peanut butter
- Canned meats
- Low-sugar cereal
- Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
- 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
All contributions will be donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Please Note These Exceptions:
- Overdue books must be returned to the Library for your donation to count as a payment of fines.
- Food For Fines does not apply to billed accounts and cannot be used to pay for lost materials.
- Food items whose expiration date has passed will not be accepted.
- No food in glass containers can be accepted.
If you have questions, or want more information, please contact Judy Rodriguez.