Communicating with Digital Signs
Digital signs in Lucas Hall are intended to be a resource for SCU School of Business students, staff, faculty, alumni, and guests of the School and University.
Twelve high resolution digital displays are located throughout Lucas Hall, and content is supervised by the Business School Dean's Office, Marketing & Communications. Three of these display in a vertical (portrait) format; the rest are displayed horizontally (landscape).
Slides run in a looping playlist of 10 to 30 slides; each slide appears for approximately 20 seconds each.
Posting on the digital signs is available for events or news of interest to Santa Clara University business students, alumni and faculty. Content must be submitted to the Business School Marketing & Communications office by a recognized university entity for approval.
1. All signs must contain a contact e-mail and/or URL for readers to use to obtain more information.
2. Announcements for on-campus events must include the ADA statement [If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation, please call NAME at 408-xxxxx (voice) or 1-800-735-2929 (TTY-California Relay) at least 72 hours prior to the event.] where NAME is the manager designated by the sponsoring organization to receive ADA requests.
3. Artwork must be high resolution graphics file (jpg, gif, tif) and use is subject to the sign editors' discretion. NOTE: You may submit Powerpoint slides for export in graphics formats, however the aspect ratio of Powerpoint will cause some decrease in legibility.
4. Supported Formats Include: .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .doc, .txt, .pdf, .ppt, .ai under the size limit of 1.5MB per file.
5. Horizontal signs are 1920 wide x 1080 pixels high; vertical signs are 1080 pixels wide and 1920 pixels deep. NOTE: If only the horizontal size is submitted, we may only post the horizontal monitors.
6. The individual responsible for the information on the slide must answer the questions in the form below; artwork should be sent separately to Business-News@scu.edu.
7. Due to the heavy volume of sign requests, your form should be submitted two weeks prior to the requested post date; we cannot guarantee 24 turnaround on sign posting.
8. Signs will run a maximum of 14 days; we are glad to post a new sign at that time or re-post the same sign after a week.
9. The Business School reserves the right to deny any posting that is deemed inappropriate for the purposes of the digital signage. As an example, postings from commercial, third-party entities will generally not be accepted.