- Arts & Sciences Home
- Dean's Office
- Faculty & Staff
- Music Homepage
- About the Music Department
- Mission Statement
- Prospective Students
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Information for Students
- Private Instruction
- Academic Requirements
- Music Bulletin
- Music Department Facilities
Faculty and Staff
- Profile - Hans Boepple
- Profile - Teresa McCollough
- Profile - Bruno Ruviaro
- Profile - Bill Stevens
- Profile - Nancy Wait-Kromm
- Profile - Christina Zanfagna
- Profile - Mark Simons, Guitar Ensemble
- Profile - Magen Solomon, Choral Director
- Profile - Emily Ray, Orchestra Director
- Profile - Bob Moorefield, Director of Bands
- Profile - David Flores - World Percussion Ensemble
- Audio/Video Clips
- Upcoming Performances
- Performance Ensembles
- SCU Music Festivals
- Directions to the Music Department
- Supporting Music at SCU
Scholarship Audition Information
Thank you for your interest in the music program at Santa Clara University. While no audition is necessary to major in music, scholarship auditions (vocalists & instrumentalists) and interviews (composers) may be scheduled for students who are considering a major in music and wish to be considered for financial support. We encourage interested students to review the documents and instructions from the most recent scholarship cohort (see below) as the procedure remains fairly consistent from year to year.
Auditions will take place on Saturday January 17th, 2009 in the Recital Hall of the Santa Clara University Center of Performing Arts. Please download the necessary documents (below) and submit them by Friday January 2nd, 2009.
Since many applicants live far away, a live audition or interview is not required. However,
* Note: students may apply in more than one area.
All scholarship materials may be submitted electronically to the Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed under separate cover to the Music Office with any accompanying materials you may wish to submit. (It is not necessary to submit supplemental materials if you take a live audition).
Composers are encouraged to mail their applications with materials.
Mailed applications should be postmarked by January 2nd, 2007 to:
For further questions, please call 408-554-4428.
Download Scholarship Application: Instrumental, Voice, Composition
INSTRUMENTAL APPLICATION VOCAL APPLICATION COMPOSITION APPLICATION