- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Student Organizations (SCOOPS)
Student Organization Sustainability Liaisons are also known as SCOOPS (Students Collaborating and Organizing Opportunities and Projects for Sustainability)!
The Student Organization Sustainability Liaison program empowers Santa Clara University students (undergrads and grads) in leadership positions to implement the University's Strategic Plan by fostering Justice and Sustainability programs among student organizations. Liaisons engage their organization's members in sustainable behaviors in order to develop a culture of sustainability among students at SCU. Liaisons share and discuss endeavors, events, ideas, and foster collaborative opportunities between multiple organizations.
To become a Student Organization Sustainability Liaison for 2014-15, please email sustainability@scu.
Student Organization Sustainability Liaisons responsibilities
- Attend one 1-hr meeting each month.
- These meetings are focused on a different topic each month. Liaisons bring questions and ideas for an engaging discussion. Liaisons take away action items.
- Encourage organization members to develop sustainable behaviors.
- Provide feedback to the Center for Sustainability.
- Liaisons are a channel for two-way communication between students and the Center for Sustainability. Liaisons bring questions, concerns, and ideas to the Center for Sustainability as well as share new information and upcoming events with their housemates and neighbors.
Benefits of being a Student Organization Sustainability Liaison
- Receive Sustainability SWAG (t-shirt or coffee mug) indicating your role as a Student Organization Sustainability Liaison
- Receive a Sustainability Hotspot badge
- Extra support and resources from the Center for Sustainability
- Opportunities to learn more about sustainability issues, community-based social marketing, behavior change theory, and more
- Student Organization Sustainability Liaisons will be eligible for the SCU Sustainability Champion award
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with students, faculty, and staff members working on sustainability initiatives at SCU
- Resume-building experience
- Collaborate, share resources, and develop plans for action with student organization leaders.
- Develop professional and personal connections and friendships with like-minded peers.