School of Engineering
Dean: Elaine Scott
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies: Ruth E. Davis
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies: Sally Wood
Associate Dean for Research and Interdisciplinary Programs and Initiatives: Christopher Kitts
Associate Deans for Mission, Culture, and Inclusion: Tokunbo Ogunfunmi, Sukhmander Singh, and Aleksander Zecevic
Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Student Services: Shane Wibeto
The mission of the School of Engineering is to prepare diverse students for professional excellence, responsible citizenship, and service to society. The engineering school does this through:
- Distinctive academic programs that are designed to produce engineers who approach their profession with competence, conscience, and compassion.
- Broadly educated faculty, who model and encourage the notion of lifelong learning.
- Scholarly activities that create new knowledge and advance the state of the art of technology.
- Interactions with professional societies and companies in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- Service activities that benefit our diverse constituencies and humanity in general.
All courses offered through the School of Engineering are taught under tenets set forth in the Engineering Honor Code. The Engineering Honor Code is a longstanding Santa Clara tradition instituted at the request of students. The code states: “All students taking courses in the School of Engineering agree, individually and collectively, that they will not give or receive unpermitted aid in examinations or other coursework that is to be used by the instructor as the basis of grading.” Students and teachers cooperate and share responsibilities under the code. Teachers are responsible for making clear what aid is permissible and for using procedures that minimize temptations to violate the code. Students are responsible for behaving honorably, for actively ensuring that others uphold the code, and for being responsive to violations.