CF Sustainability Liaisons
The CF Sustainability Liaison program empowers Santa Clara University Community Facilitators to implement the University's Strategic Plan by fostering Justice and Sustainability programs among campus residents. Liaisons engage their residents in sustainable behaviors in order to develop a culture of sustainability among students at SCU.
CF Sustainability Liaisons responsibilities
- Attend one 1-hr meeting each month.
These meetings are focused on a different topic each month. Liaisons bring questions and ideas for an engaging discussion. Liaisons take away action items for programs and bulletin boards.
- Post one sustainability-related bulletin board each quarter.
- Organize and implement one event related to sustainability each quarter
- Encourage residents and other Residence Life staff to live more sustainably.
- Provide feedback to the Office of Sustainability.
Liaisons are a channel for two-way communication between campus residents and the Office of Sustainability. Liaisons bring questions, concerns, and ideas to the Office of Sustainability as well as share new information and upcoming events with their residents.
CF's who want to become a sustainability liaison must have their Resident Director's approval.
Duration: we ask Liaisons to commit to an academic year term.
Benefits of being a CF Sustainability Liaison
- Receive Sustainability SWAG (t-shirt or coffee mug) indicating your role as a CF Sustainability Liaison
- Receive a Sustainability Hotspot badge
- Extra support and resources from the Office of Sustainability
- Opportunities to learn more about sustainability issues, community-based social marketing, behavior change theory, and more
- CF Sustainability Liaisons will be eligible for the SCU Sustainability Champion award
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with students, faculty, and staff members working on sustainability initiatives at SCU
- Resume-building experience