The Diversity Crisis on Corporate Boards: the Moral and Business Imperatives
- Digging into the data: What is our current reality around racial equity in the boardroom and what does the data tell us?
- Time capsule project and other data
Driving Board Diversity
- Moving boards from acknowledgement and commitment, to action and advocacy
Responsibilities of Being a Black Board Member
Understand the 3 P’s and the 3 W’s: Philanthropy, People, Procurement, Wage, Work, and Wealth Gaps for Blacks
- Learn how to advocate
- Understand pipeline attrition & related issues
- Gain perspective on how to deal with tokenism and expressed bias
Governance in the Modern Business Environment
- Explore the essential knowledge you will need to serve on boards of directors.
- What are the current governance challenges and regulatory changes impacting the boardroom?
- Risks and protections of directorship
Board Roles and Responsibilities
- A deep dive into the essential responsibilities and duties of board membership, based on the maturity and size of the company and its products or services.
- Understand committees, time commitments, and the functions of the board and the process for committee assignments
- Lead director role: separation of chair from CEO
- Shareholder activism