Mission Santa Clara de Asís
Welcome to the spiritual and historic heart of Santa Clara University
Historic Mission Santa Clara is a consecrated Roman Catholic church situated on the campus of Santa Clara University. First established in 1777, the Franciscan Order handed the Mission over to the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) in 1851, who then started Santa Clara College, the first institution of higher education in California. The Mission has always stood at the center of the campus’ religious and spiritual life, and it continues to welcome Roman Catholic liturgy, spiritual observance, and other activities appropriate to the University’s purpose as a Catholic, Jesuit institution of higher learning. The University’s Campus Ministry and Mission Church staff, along with the Santa Clara Jesuit Community collaborate in the liturgical and pastoral activities conducted in and around the Mission Church.
View or download the presider schedule, collection information, and announcements for our worshipping community. The hardcopy and digital versions of this handout are updated monthly.
Volunteer Ministry Sign-ups
If you're interested in volunteering in any of our Sunday Mass ministries, use the link below to signup!