Apply to BCBR
Extraordinary demand from talented, qualified Black leaders for the Black Corporate Board Readiness (BCBR) program obliterates the myth of a pipeline problem. Applications for BCBR cohorts are reviewed by a combination of team members, BCBR program alumni, and our Program Advisory Committee. Space is limited in each cohort. Most participants are sponsored by their employers.
Key criteria for program acceptance include:
- Extensive (10+ years) senior leadership experience (C-suite, GM, or equivalent)
- Entrepreneurs who have built and sold companies
- Prior service on non-profit governance boards
- Domain experience of interest to public or private corporate boards (e.g., qualified financial expert, cybersecurity, supply chain, etc.)
- Approval of current employer, if applicable, for corporate board service
The program is open to executives with extensive senior leadership experience or equivalent span of control (e.g., CEO or GM), as well as executives who have successfully built and sold companies, and who are interested in public or private corporate board service. Please contact us here with your questions.
After you complete the application form, we will review your background and notify you of acceptance into the program.
BCBR Program Fees and Logistics
- Program Fee - $7195.00
- Non-Profit Fee - $6475.00
- Teams of 3 or more from the same company receive a 10% discount.
- SCU Alumni receive a 20% discount
- Optional: Harrison Assessment and Debrief add-on - $650
- Payment can be made via credit card (Amex, Visa, Mastercard) or via company check made payable to the "Silicon Valley Executive Center".
- All class meetings take place virtually.
- This course is eligible for 7.75 total hours of MCLE credit.
- A detailed topic agenda will be available one week prior to the start of the program.
- Program materials will be provided in digital format.
Schedule of Upcoming BCBR Cohorts
Application DeadlineJuly 11, 2022
Information SessionJune 7, 2022
Admissions DecisionsAugust 8, 2022
Program DatesOctober 26 - 28, 2022
November 11 & 18, 2022
December 1 - 2, 2022
Meet the Cohort EventJanuary 12, 2023
- Apply Now
Application DeadlineOctober 3, 2022
Information SessionSeptember 6, 2022
Admissions DecisionsNovember 7, 2022
Program DatesFebruary 1 - 3, 2023
February 10 & 17, 2023
March 2 - 3, 2023
Meet the Cohort EventApril 13, 2023
- Apply Now
Application DeadlineMarch 6, 2023
Information SessionFebruary 7, 2023
Admissions DecisionsApril 3, 2023
Program DatesJune 14 - 16, 2023
June 23 & 30, 2023
July 13 - 14, 2023
Meet the Cohort EventAugust 31, 2023
- Apply Now