All study materials are digital and included in the registration fee. The study materials supplied by the CEPI are available through the CEPI Connect portal once you have registered for the exam. You will have digital access to these materials during the exam. Hardcopy materials will not be permitted.
Candidates do not have to purchase any additional texts from NCEO. However, if you are looking for hardcopy versions of the texts, the most recent editions are available for purchase from NCEO’s website. All online study materials are updated on an annual basis. The CEPI does not release sample questions or sample exams.
Click here to access study materials through our CEPI Connect portal!
Approved Industry Resources
Course reviews and continuing education opportunities are often offered by industry organizations such as those listed below. Although the CEP Institute makes this information available to candidates, we do not endorse educational programs. The candidate must determine whether the program is suitable for his/her needs.
Please note that all sample exams and sample questions are developed independently by the individual educational service providers, not the CEPI.
Exam Preparation Course
Continuing Education Providers
- Global Equity Organization (GEO)
- Morgan Stanley - Global Stock Plan Services
- My Equity Comp
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP)
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)
Other Industry Resources
- Benefits Link (Internal Revenue Code Sections Affecting Employee Benefit Plans)
- FASB Statements (Full Text, Summaries and Status)
- Federal Reserve Board Regulations
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (Forms and Associated Regulations)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law—Securities Lawyer's Deskbook
- Romeo & Dye's Section16.net\
- myStockOptions.com - Stock Compensation Glossary
Individual Educational Service Providers: if you have a course geared to any of the three levels of the CEP Institute program or our continuing education requirement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be listed on this site.
CEPI Certification Information Handbook
In addition to the study materials listed on CEPI Connect, exam candidates are also encouraged to read through the 2023 Certification Information Handbook.
Please review the Certification Information Handbook in entirety. You will be held responsible for all of the information contained in the handbook, so please familiarize yourself with all of the information.