Sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences, Santa Clara University provides a campus-wide license for Stata SE 17 and 18.
Stata is a powerful data analysis and statistical software package that provides a range of features for data management, visualization, and modeling. It is widely used in the fields of social sciences, economics, public health, and many other research areas.
Features of the campus-wide license:
- All SCU faculty, researchers, staff, and students are eligible to download and install these products on their university computers as well as their personally-owned computers
- One license agreement, centrally managed
- The commercial use of Stata SE 18 products is not covered by our Campus-Wide License
- Full customer support offered by Stata
Stata provides extensive resources for learning how to use Stata software:
Stata video tutorials
Information about teaching with Stata, and other instructor resources:
Teaching with Stata
To review the most up to date installation instructions for your device, please refer to the Stata installation website:
Stata installation guide
Stata software is available to members of the SCU community through the campus-wide site license. Downloads for Windows, macOS, and Linux are available (access is limited to the SCU community) for both Stata 17 and Stata 18:
All technical support is offered by Stata:
Contact Stata Tech Support
Before contacting support, follow Stata's instructions at the link above to register your software, and to get the serial number.
Once you've registered your software, and know your serial number, the best way to receive customer support is via Stata’s dedicated technical support team via email:
- Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.
- Include your serial number on the subject line of your email.
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.