FEMMEmpowerment is a program that aims to create a community of care that centralized the experiences of womxn in leadership, specifically those who identify as womxn of color, femme, non-binary, and genderqueer.
Our intention is to use storytelling as a tool to acknowledge the intersectionality of identity by voicing current struggles, highlighing accomplishments, and creating community.
As a result of attending this conference, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Co-create an empowering environment that promotes healing and healthy self-love
- Build community on campus that has the potential to become a support network
- Interrogate the barriers to building community institutionally and interpersonally
- Question assumptions that go along with “the story most often told” in leadership development
- Acknowledge positionality is about acknowledging differences
The structure of the conference will feature:
- Breakout sessions led by the SCU community
- Student panels
- Community building and networking
When: April 8th, 2022
Where: Benson Memorial Center
This year's theme is "HEAR OUR VOICE". We seek to use storytelling as a toll to acknowledge the intersectionality of identity by voicing current struggles, highlighting accomplishments, and offering community. As individuals with marginalized identities our stories are often forgotten or pushed aside in order to make sure for dominate narratives. To this we say, no more! Our live expeirences, and deserve to be heard.
Registration for the conference is now LIVE! Click here to register. Deadline is Thursday, April 7th.
Note: Conference Regristration 2022