FEMMEpowerment: "Glow in Our Bones"
FEMMEpowerment is an empowering leadership conference for folks who identify as womxn, femme, and GNC that seek to explore the relationship between gender and leadership. Our intention is to create a community of care and healing that allows students to form connections and build leadership skills.
As a result of attending this conference, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Co-create an empowering environment that promotes healing and healthy self-love
- Build community on campus that has the potential to become a support network
- Interrogate the barriers to building community institutionally and interpersonally
- Question assumptions that go along with “the story most often told” in leadership development
- Acknowledge positionality is about acknowledging differences
We are intentionally trying to create a radical space on campus that breaks down the gender binary and centers people of color (POC) and queer voices.
The structure of the conference will feature:
- Large group facilitation
- Breakout sessions led by faculty and community members
- Panels of faculty and community members
Logistic Details (tentative)
FEMMEpowerment 2020 is cancelled. Thank you for those who were interested in participating!
Scan the QR code provided in the flyer below to register.
2020 Leadership Team
Gabrielle Garrard, Team Lead