FEMMEpowerment: "For Us, By Us"
FEMMEpowerment is an empowering leadership conference for folks who identify as womxn, femme, and GNC that seek to explore the relationship between gender and leadership. Our conference is centered around the following:
- Appropriate allyship and clapbacks
- Systemic oppression and politicization
- Occupying space proactively (and appropriately, in relation to privilege)
- Leadership that empowers
- Reclaiming our strengths and identities
- Conversations about gender non-conformity and feminity
- Decolonizing feminism
We are intentionally trying to create a radical space on campus that breaks down the gender binary and centers people of color (POC) and queer voices as we kick off Womxn's History Month.
The structure of the conference will feature:
- A keynote speaker
- Breakout sessions led by faculty and community members
- Panels of faculty and community members
Logistic Details (tentative)
Sunday, March 29, 2020, 10:00am-5:00pm
@ Benson Memorial Center
Sponsored by the Center for Student Involvement and Women & Gender Studies Department
Online registration will be available in winter quarter.
2020 Leadership Team
Gabrielle Garrard, Team Lead
This is the flyer for FEMMEpowerment 2019. The 2020 version will be available in early winter quarter.