Men in Progress
Men in Progress is an opportunity for students to learn, communicate, and reflect about their definition of what it means to be a “man” and how that impacts one’s relationships and behaviors.
Through a variety of presentation and discussion formats, students will be able to reflect on their own backgrounds, values, experiences, and perspectives regarding what it means to be a "man" in addition to hearing the stories and thoughts of fellow students. Men in Progress is a partnership between the Center for Student Involvement and Office of Student Life.
Eligibility to Participate
Students interested in reflecting upon and engaging in discussions about the male identity, life experiences of men, and relationships between men and between men and women.
By participating in this program, students will:
- Begin to define masculinity
- Explore the intersections of social identities
- Gain a basic understanding of male socialization
- Gain a basic understanding of the concept of male privilege
- Gain an understanding of how male privilege impacts the community
- Develop reflection and critical thinking skills
- Develop the ability to express feelings and emotions not normally expressed by men
- Develop the ability to affirm other people, especially other men
- Develop the ability to trust others, especially other men