See more details here.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for teaching assistantships for the 2023-24 academic year. Applications received by February 28, 2023, will be prioritized for early offers. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty in the department and early offers will be made by the end of March.
Working as a teaching assistant (TA) is a great way to build leadership/presentation skills, further solidify your knowledge in various areas of mechanical engineering, and gain additional preparation for an academic career. If you are currently in our graduate program (including seniors pursuing the BS/MS program) or are considering graduate school, please consider applying for a TA position.
To apply, please submit this Google Form. You will be asked to do the following, so you may wish to prepare for this ahead of time.
Provide responses similar to the table described 2023-24_TA_Preferred.
- Upload a PDF file with a typewritten statement about why you would like to be a TA and any relevant experience/expertise you have (should fit on one page, but be at least two paragraphs).
- Upload a PDF file of your resume.
- Upload a PDF file of your undergraduate academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts are accepted)
- Upload a PDF file of your graduate academic transcripts (if applicable, unofficial transcripts are accepted)
For a full appointment, TAs receive full graduate tuition reimbursement (up to 8 units per fall, winter and spring quarters) and a quarterly stipend of $4,000 (equivalent to 19 hours per week for 11 weeks). The stipend is paid out bi-monthly in accordance with SCU’s standard payroll schedule.
By applying early, you will be able to make a more informed decision regarding all your graduate school options. Additional TA positions during the 2023-2024 academic year can be filled on a quarterly and as-needed basis and may be partial appointments. (For example, a 50% TA appointment in one quarter would cover 4 units of graduate tuition, and TAs with a partial appointment are paid $19/hour. The hourly pay and stipend are equivalent, it’s just that the university classifies 100% TA appointments and partial appointments differently.) The department will retain all applications and keep receiving applications for consideration while filling positions on a quarterly basis.
The Foundry, the Silicon Valley’s premier medical technology incubator, is taking applications for its 2023 Summer Internship Program. We are looking to recruit and inspire the next generation of medical technology developers and entrepreneurs. We believe that a range of perspectives makes us better at understanding and analyzing problems and developing creative solutions. Accordingly, we encourage applications from those with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, including those from groups which are underrepresented in health technology. Here are the specifics:
- This is a paid summer internship that will run from mid-June 2023 to mid-August 2023* at our facility in Menlo Park. Interns are responsible for obtaining their own housing and transportation to/from the facility.
- Interns will have work assignments with at least one of our three portfolio companies. Responsibilities will vary, and may include a wide range of projects, including but not limited to designing test and assembly fixtures, developing and documenting experiments, and participating in brainstorms and pre-clinical lab studies.
- Each intern will be assigned a mentor and will have regular access to The Foundry’s executive leadership.
- There will be programming throughout the summer related to topics on medtech entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property, product development and fundraising as well as social events.
- Applicants should be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an engineering or life sciences discipline. For undergraduate student applicants, preference will be given to those who will have completed at least two years by the summer of 2023.
• Application process
- Applications should include your resume and a cover letter. Letters of recommendation are optional.
- Please submit your application via email to SummerInternship@thefoundry.com by no later than February 28, 2023.
* Timing can be flexible in order to accommodate a range of school schedules.
EAG is looking for new graduates for multiple positions in labs. If you have any candidates please have them contact DanielSullivan@eurofinseag.com:
Dr. Daniel J. D. Sullivan
Senior Account Executive
810 Kifer Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94086