The following flowchart outlines the major steps you may take to explore AI2 in student learning.
- Get Informed: Learn about Generative AI and understand what it can do and cannot do.
- Review goals: Examine learning outcomes of your course.
- Determine your AI policy: a) Follow the suggestions on "design assignments in the era of AI." Use AI cheating detection tools when needed. b) Be aware of the risks such as data privacy, bias, inaccuracy and accessibility. c) Have assignment-specific AI policy.
- Syllabus statements and communication: Look at the sample syllabus statements and adapt them to your course. Communicate clearly about your AI policy with the class.
- Report violation: Follow the existing protocol to report any suspected academic integrity violations.