U.S. News & World Report Ranks Santa Clara University No. 2 in the West
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 13, 2017—Santa Clara University is ranked the No. 2 “Regional University” in the West, according to the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings. The University earned an overall score of 99 out of 100, with the following ratings of note:
- SCU’s first-year retention rate of 96 percent ranks the highest of any master’s university in the country.
- The University’s 89-percent graduation rate is the highest in the West.
- This year, 85 percent of SCU first-year students were in the top 25 percent of their high school class, up from 83 percent last year.
- SCU was ranked No. 1 in Best Colleges for Veterans, Regional University (West).
- SCU was ranked #14 in Best Value Schools.
- Leavey School of Business placed in the top 100 for Best Business Programs (64).
- Leavey School of Business was ranked #15 in Production/Operation Management, #16 in Management Information Systems, and #19 for Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Marketing.
The “2018 Best Colleges” survey compared Santa Clara University with 653 other universities that offer a full range of undergraduate programs and master’s degrees, but few doctoral programs. The Western region covers master’s level colleges and universities from Colorado to the West Coast, and includes Texas.
The “Best Colleges” rankings can be found on the U.S. News & World Report website. The 2018 print edition of the “Best Colleges” guidebook will be in stores in September and can be purchased online at USNews.com
SCU’s overview and 2018 rankings are featured here.
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University, a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located 40 miles south of San Francisco in California’s Silicon Valley, offers its more than 9,000 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering; master’s degrees in business, education, counseling psychology, pastoral ministry, and theology; and law degrees and engineering doctoral degrees. Distinguished nationally by one of the highest graduation rates among all U.S. master’s universities, California’s oldest operating higher-education institution demonstrates faith-inspired values of ethics and social justice. For more information, see www.scu.edu.
Deepa Arora | SCU Media Relations | email@example.com | 408-554-5125