- Class of 1930
- Inducted in 1972
- Bronco Bench Foundation Founder
Sal Sanfilippo was a two time graduate of Santa Clara University: undergrad in 1930 and Santa Clara Law School in 1932. Sanfilippo founded the Bronco Bench originally to raise money for and build Buck Shaw Stadium, which they donated to the University. Subsequently, it was decided to keep the fundraising efforts going to help scholarships at SCU. Sal will always be remembered here as the Bronco Bench Foundation is still going strong with a purpose to maintain and operate athletic and recreational facilities for use by students of Santa Clara and any other business incident thereto.