The CAPS advanced practicum training program is for doctoral-level students seeking supervised experience and training primarily in short-term individual psychotherapy with a young adult university population. There are limited opportunities for longer-term work to enhance training and professional growth opportunities. Other supervised experiences include conducting intake assessments and providing outreach programming. All therapy sessions conducted by trainees are videotaped.
We are seeking advanced practicum students who have had at least two years of supervised clinical experience in other practicum settings.
This is a non-paid practicum that requires an academic year commitment from Mid-August through mid-June. Advanced practicum placement is approximately 24 hours per week. Advanced practicum trainees must be available on Thursdays and Fridays to attend weekly training seminars, group supervision and case consultation meetings.
|Direct Services: Intake assessments, individual counseling, crisis management, group co-facilitation, campus outreach activities||12|
|Formal Training: Supervision (individual and group), staff case consultation, training seminars||7|
|Administrative: Assessment reports, progress notes, case management||5|
- Advanced practicum student (ideally in 3rd+ practicum year) in a doctoral program
- Ability to make a 10-month commitment from mid-August through mid-June
- Empathic, energetic, responsible, and self-motivated students
- Open to learning and willing to be an active participant with a diverse team
Deadlines & Notification
Deadline: February 21, 2021 (must be postmarked or emailed by 11:59pm)
Students may be invited for an on-site interview following review of applications. Our training site adheres to BAPIC Uniform Notification Day.
- 2021 Advanced Practicum Application Form (0.1 MB)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 letters from sources familiar with your relevant clinical experience)
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial)
We require that the above application materials be emailed or sent in a single packet to the Training Director:
Estrella Ramirez, Ph.D.